CD Projekt Red Has Been Hacked, Cyberpunk 2077 & Witcher 3 Source Codes Stolen
Ramble_Khron Published 02/09/2021 in wtf
CD Projekt Red posted a message on Twitter confirming their systems have been infiltrated by ransomware hackers. The hackers have said they will leak the source code to Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, and other sensitive documents if their demands are not meet in 48 hrs.
- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. CD Projekt Red had confirmed they are the victims of a ransomware attack, though stated they are currently working on kicking out the infiltrators. The news has shocked many fans and even given some a reason to grin, however, the hack is broader and affects more than those just "tricky executives" at CD Projekt Red.
2. Here is the companies statement posted to Twitter.
3. The text reads: !!!!!!! Hello CD Projekt !!!
Your have been EPICALLY pwned!!
We have dumped FULL copies of the source codes from your Perforce server for Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, Gwent and the unreleased version of Witcher 3!!!
We have also dumped all of your documents relating to accounting, administration, legal, HR, investor and more!
Also, we have encrypted all of your servers, but we understand that you can most likely recover from backups.
If we will not come to an agreement, then your source codes will be sold or leaked online and your documents will be sent to our contacts in gaming journalism. Your public image will go down the hitter even more and people will see how you shitty your company functions. Investors will lose trust in your company and the stock will drive even lower!
You have 48 hours to contact us.
4. And as you can guess some people to the news as a time to celebrate with a walk around the block, so to say.
5. Cool guy alert!
- REPLAY GALLERY
- CD Projekt Red Has Been Hacked, Cyberpunk 2077 & Witcher 3 Source Codes Stolen
- NEXT GALLERY
- 44 Fresh Memes of the Dankest Kind