- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. Super Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury - Release Date: 2/12/2021 - Platform(s): Switch
Everyone's favorite plumber and pals are bringing one of their most beloved Wii U titles to the Switch this Friday, February 12th.
Featuring both online and offline co-op, this platformer has garnered immense critical and fan praise for its outstanding platforming and battles. If you've never played it before, this is an excellent opportunity to give it a go, especially as the Switch version will come packed with new stand-alone adventure, Bowser's Fury.
2. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake - Release Date: 3/18/2021 - Platform(s): PS4, Xbox One, PC
Ubisoft has gone great lengths to remake this fantastic adventure and bring it to... well.... last gen systems. Still, a whole new generation of gamers will be able to slip into the boots of the Prince to save an ancient city from the hands of the villainous traitor, Vizier. Wielding the Dagger of Time, the Prince is not only lethal in combat, but capable of manipulating time itself in order to beat the odds. Whatever system you play it on, this remake is sure to please fans old and new.
3. Returnal Remake - Release Date: 3/19/2021 Platform(s): PS5
Housemarque, developer of one of the first PS4 exclusives, Resogun, is returning (see what I did there?) to give Sony another hit with PS5 exclusive, Returnal. Described as a roguelike shooter with psychological horror elements, the game strands the player on a shape-shifting alien planet. Only through repetitive dying and regeneration will you be able to unlock the secrets of the hellscape around you. If you dare! You should dare. It'll be cool.
4. Monster Hunter Rise - Release Date: 3/26/2021 Platform(s): Switch
A new entry in the wildly popular Monster Hunter franchise, Rise is slated for release only to the Switch. Utilizing a ninja-inspired theme, Ride calls on the player to rid Kamura Village of the monsters plaguing its lands. Capcom is promising new gameplay systems, as well as a lovable canine companion, to make the Monster Hunter experience fresh and welcome to those new to the franchise.
5. Outriders - Release Date: 4/21/2021 Platform(s): PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC
Outriders is described as a cooperative role-playing third-person looter shooter. Say that five times fast. Set in a dark and desperate universe, the player is charged with creating an outrider, who will set forth from the safe confines of a human city to hunt down a mysterious signal. A wide array of firepower, as well as superpowers, will be available to the outriders during their battle through the untamed parts of their alien homeworld.
6. Resident Evil Village Release Date: 5/7/2021 - Platform(s): PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC
Recently announced, Resient Evil Village will be the eighth title in the main Resident Evil series. Ethan, the protagonist of the last game, returns to inspect events in a mysterious village, and becomes captured by its twisted denizens. As per Biohazard, the game is played from the first person perspective, and new enemies include what appears to be a werewolf, as well as the 9'6" Lady Dimitrescu and her monstrous daughters.
7. Deathloop - Release Date: 5/21/2021 - Platform(s): PS5, PC
A timed exclusive for the PS5 (no pun intended), Deathloop is a first-person shooter that takes place on the strange island of Blackreef, where a time-loop repeats itself over and over. The game centers on two assassins, Juliana, who fights to protect the loop, and Cole, who fights to break it. But as they kill one another with each loop, it becomes clear that something will need to change.
8. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Release Date: TBC Platform(s): PS5
Ratchet and Clank will soon (hopefully) be back for a new adventure on Sony's new console. This time, they hop dimensions to face off against an evil emperor from another reality. A whole new array of gadgets is in store for players, as well as a new playable character in the form of a female Lombax. If the footage used by Sony to showcase the processing power of the PS5 is any indication, this game will be gorgeous.
9. Far Cry 6 - Release Date: TBC Platform(s): PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC
The next entry in the open-world action/adventure series, Far Cry, takes place on the tropical island nation of Yara. Dictator, Anton Castillo, played by Giancarlo Esposito of Breaking Bad and Mandalorian fame, rules the island with an iron fist. It is your job as a guerilla revolutionist to take him down. By any means necessary.
10. Halo Infinite - Release Date: TBC - Platform(s): Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC
Halo Infinite, the next in Microsoft's uber-popular first-person sci-fi shooter franchise will continue the adventures of Master Chief amongst the titular rings in space. Featuring a new game engine and free-to-play multiplayer, Creative Director Joseph Staten has been quoted as saying, “This was the Halo we imagined back in 2000, finally come to life, after 20 years of technical and creative innovation.”
11. God of War: Ragnarok - Release Date: TBC - Platform(s): PS5
Little is known about the next God of War game, featured briefly in Sony's tech showcase. God of War has always been a hugely popular third-person sword and sandals action franchise and will continue to be so, but other details of Ragnarok remain close to Sony's chest. The title itself relates to the Norse mythological end of times, featuring a great battle like none before. How strongly this will play into the game's plot is anyone's guess at this point.
12. Gran Turismo 7 - Release Date: TBC - Platform(s): PS5
Sony's first-person car racing simulation series gets a graphical overhaul for its entry onto the PS5. Looking clean and mean, GT7 is rumored to play more like the original GT titles than the last entry in the franchise, Gran Turismo Sport. In fact, it will include the classic GT simulation mode, as well as throw-back vehicles and tracks fans are sure to remember. And if you prefer building to racing, the game will feature new and improved customization features.
13. Lord of the Rings: Gollum - Release Date: TBC - Platform(s): PS5, Xbox Series X
It seems The Lord of the Rings' Gollum still has a part to play in the shaping of Middle Earth. This stealth adventure game features a completely new LOTR story which begins with Gollum's imprisonment in Mordor, and then follows him through many recognizable Middle Earth locations. While both friends and foes will be encountered across the land, Gollum is being touted as mostly non-combat.
14. Horizon Forbidden West - Release Date: TBC Platform(s): PS5, PS4 - Fans of the 2017 epic Sony exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn, have reason to celebrate, as Aloy will be back for a whole new adventure this year. Forbidden West will find our brave heroine exploring the western post-apocalyptic United States, from Utah to San Francisco. New machine enemies and beautiful landscapes will shine on a PS4, but for those lucky enough to own a PS5, that version of the game was built from the ground up to utilize the console's immense processing power and features.
15. Gotham Knights - Release Date: TBC 2021 - Platform(s): PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC
This year, WB Games Montreal will be providing us their first Batman game sans Batman. That's right - The Dark Knight is deceased in the upcoming Gotham Knights, and it's up to Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing, and Red Hood to keep Gotham's streets safe for its citizens. This will be a cooperative, open-world action game, and players will be able to build up each of the four knights' skills and abilities. No doubt you'll need them if you expect to fill you-know-who's shoes against Gotham City's wide array of villains.