Is Nintendo Releasing Switch Pro and 'BOTW 2' in 2021?
Yesterday, a photo of an internal Nintendo document was posted and then quickly removed from Reddit. It appeared to lay out details for an upcoming Nintendo direct, supposed to happen on January 11th, and release dates for a slew of upcoming titles, as well as the long-awaited Nintendo Switch Pro. However, Nintendo hasn't announced any video showcase for next week (or anytime soon), and it's unclear if anything in this document is at all real. While it would be amazing if even half the stuff here was true, in all likelihood, this is a total farce. How do we know? Let's consider the details:
- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. The Reddit listing of this document was removed, but someone shared it on Twitter.
Basically, this claims that next week, Nintendo will share trailers or images for all these games listed, as well as announce that many of these games are coming out this April.
The Nintendo Switch Pro, which Nintendo has admitted they're working on, is all supposed to be released this April.
2. The first hint that this is fake is this logo.
Officially, Nintendo's style guidelines dictates that their logo must be shown in white with a red background. But for internal purposes, the logo can simply be printed in gray with no color in the background.
This red logo isn't a dead giveaway, but it doesn't help prove anything.
3. This document is also riddled with spelling mistakes and grammar errors.
The first one is here, where the phrase "Joy con Pro" is misspelled.
It should be spelled "Joy-Con," and there would likely be a ™ printed at the end of it as well if this were truly an official Nintendo document.
4. This is the most blatant error, and where a lot of people first claimed the document was fake.
What kind of a company that makes video game software would misspell 'software'?
5. Again, the laziness here in misspelling video game titles is extremely fishy.
6. This is a slap in the face to any dedicated gamers. There was Fallout 3 and there was Fallout: New Vegas, but there was never a Fallout 3: New Vegas.
If you go through the trouble of making up this document, don't you fact check it at least once?
7. The misuse of an apostrophe here is the final straw. There's no way this stuff is real.
Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up. We'd all like to play GTA 5 on the Switch and get sequels to both Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild this year, but we'll have to wait.
Categories: Wow Facts Gaming News Pop Culture> Video Games People & Lifestyle